Leamington Hastings Church of England Academy
Education at Leamington Hastings can be traced back to 1666, when parishioners made provision for ‘the maintenance of a school master to teach and instruct children inhabiting within the parish’. Children were probably taught in the church or in the teacher’s home.
In 1839 the Reverend Hervey Sitwell, Vicar and Lord of the Manor, provided the old Leamington Hastings School at his own expense. It consisted of a single classroom known as the Junior Room and the school master’s house, and was built out of material taken from the old manor dovecote close to the manor house.
‘Train up a child in the way he should go and
when he is old he will not depart from it.’
This motto used to be above the doorway in the old school, and has now been incorporated into the stone wall at the main entrance of the new school, as has been a stone cross from a medieval church in Broadwell. The school house, which was built in 1844, still stands behind the school, and is privately owned.
The present Leamington Hastings C.E. Academy is situated in the hamlet of Hill, near Rugby in Warwickshire. It is co-educational and presently has 50 pupils. The priority area is the parishes of Leamington Hastings (which includes Broadwell, Kites Hardwick and Hill), Birdingbury, Grandborough, Willoughby and Wolfhamcote (which includes Flecknoe), although some pupils travel from outside this area.
The school is a modern, well maintained building, comprising an entrance hall, two indoor classrooms, a conservatory, hall, office, staffroom, Head Teacher’s office and kitchen. All children now have access to exciting outdoor classrooms where landscaping has been put in place to provide stimulating learning environments
Please find our school web site here:-