Welcome to our newly-formed Leamington Hastings Parish Community Website. 

Macmillan Cancer

Thank you to all those who supported the LHSS coffee morning

Total Raised £395.00

Please  find below  our link to  WCC new rural transport service back and 4th



The Parish of Leamington Hastings:


The Parish comprises the villages/hamlets of Leamington Hastings, Hill, Broadwell

and Kites Hardwick and has approximately 400 residents.  The closest large towns are Rugby (7 miles) and Leamington Spa (10 miles) with the smaller communities of Dunchurch (4 miles) and Southam (3 miles) offering local shops and doctors’ surgeries.

There is an excellent infant school in Leamington Hastings serving the local community

for children up to the age of 7.  There is a wide choice of Junior schools, which the children move on to at the age of 7-plus, including those at Long Itchington, Southam, Dunchurch,

Napton and Stretton on Dunsmore.

 Although a small Parish we offer a variety of activities and facilities as you will see

from the menu bar.  The well-maintained tennis courts are available to hire.  The

Bowls Club is very popular and there are many organisations that hire the Parish Hall on a weekly basis.  These include the Silver Surfers, Pilates classes and Keep Fit classes.  The over 60s Club use the Hall on a regular basis and the Parish Council and other organisations use it for their meetings.

History of The Parish of Leamington Hastings

Taken from: Glimpses into the History of the Parish of Leamington Hastings by Felicity Janet Gilks.......

"The four small settlements of Leamington Hastings, Hill, Kites Hardwick and Broadwell are all of Saxon or Medieval origin and all are thriving today. Tradition gives Kites Hardwick a Saxon origin since there was reputed to have been a skirmish between the Danes and the Saxons just below Draycote Water in a field now known as Dane Meadow. In documents Leamington Hastings and Hill are the oldest, both being mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086.

By the thirteenth century both Hill and Leamington Hastings were held by the Hastang family from whom the Hastings part of the village name is derived. Robert Hastang took the part of the Barons against Henry III at the Siege of Kenilworth in 1265, and the family's lands were confiscated. The estates were restored only after a large fine was paid to the King!

In 1375, on the death of John Hastang, being without a male heir, the lands of Leamington Hastings and Hill passed to his eldest daughter Maud and her husband Ralph Stafford. The Staffords owned Leamington Hastings Manor until 1630, then it changed hands several times until being inherited by Sir Charles Wheeler whose family initiated repairs to the church on the south side and south porch.

In 1796 the Wheeler estates were divided and Leamington Hastings was given to Lucy Wheeler and her husband Edward Sitwell. Some members of the family become vicars of the parish. The family were benefactors, initiating extensive repairs to the chancel and nave in 1873, being instrumental in the building of the elementary school and donating land on which to build the parish hall. The manor remained in their family until the 1920's. "

Leamington Hasting Neighbourhood Watch. -  


Jane Creswell -  Co-ordinator  - jainicecreswell@btinternet.com

Kate Marsden  -  Deputy Co-ordinator  -  katemarsdenweb@gmail.com 



Our Community in photographs
  • The Almshouses

  • All Saints Church

© Webmaster Nobby Products 2015 ‎

Community Web Kit provided free by BT